Saturday, September 20, 2014

The New West

Since moving to CT, I've seen and indeed I label, some towns as "The Land that Time Forgot." Drive through Ansonia or Norwich, stop in their McDonald's or ShopRite, and you'll know exactly what I mean. I say this, jokingly, with much sincerity actually, about entire towns. But last night, I entered a place, an establishment, that could take this crown. And it is called The New West Cafe.

This place is no cafe. It is a bar, of the dive variety, located directly across from the still smoldering pile of rubble that is, that was, Delaney's. It is the most honest dive bar, minus the charm, that I've ever set foot in. I decided to give it a chance, for I've passed it many times in my nearly four years here.

There were about 20 patrons, and 56 teeth, if you count mine. Everyone had their best haircut from the 80s. It was pretty awful. And that's all I have to say.

But credit where credit's due, hey, they have Rebel IPA on tap!

No comments:

Post a Comment