Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The New West, Updated


Ok so I'm kinda finally getting over the fact that Delaney's is gone, and in its place, which I'm forced to see everyday, is a big old figurative and literal empty space.

And right across the street from this miserable lot where Delaney's once proudly stood is a place I've talked a lot of shit about in previous posts. You see, my neighborhood of Westville is a nice, safe, revitalized place complete with two breakfast cafes, a few coffee shops, yoga studios, and art galleries. Yet only two bars, now, at least.

We have now only two watering holes; Stone Hearth, which serves exquisite delicacies yet is more akin to a high end hotel bar, and The New West, pictured above.

Classy, it is not. Not the kinda place I'd take a hot date to.

But it is indeed growing on me.

I suppose any dive bar you happen to live so close by to eventually does.

Recently though I've been stopping in on my way back from downtown, a pit stop if you will, where I can get a few night caps before the 50-yard commute back home. And let me tell you, I've been having a blast.

This past Sunday after hanging out with friends downtown watching my Eagles get smacked silly, I hit the New West. I met some very interesting characters.

Even got my palm read, by someone I'm pretty sure was no palm reader.

And hey, they have Rebel IPA on tap! In fact, their selection is quite impressive actually.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Cheers to the New West Cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment